Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Slice of Life

A challenge posed to me is to create a Slice of Life post on Tuesdays and share it on the Two Writing Teachers Website. I wasn't sure what this all meant but it is just a snip-it of your life that day and shared with the world.

Here is my Slice of Life:

Today's as I take the drive to work, the hour long commute on 4 different highways can leave me to have plenty of time to think. Usually about the daily tasks and upcoming events for work, school or my personal life; and today was no different.  On my way to work my assistant manager let me know that we were out of milk and she hadn't had time to get any. So instead of trying to find time in the day I drove to work, passed my store and down the street to the local Kings Market. Here I would pick up milk before work so I would not run out during the day. I went into the Kings Market and returned to my car promptly five minutes later. I then returned to my car back up the hill to my job. I opened the door and went to put everything away and get my day started. I had a lot to do after being off for two days. However, this mornings easy task of putting the milk away did not go as I planned. I turned on the lights took off my coat and went to grab the grocery bag that kept the gallon of whole milk. As I took my second step toward the fridge on the other side of the door the plastic handle broke and the milk went tumbling to the ground. As the milk hit the floor the plastic container broke and milk poured all over the floor and under the freezer. Luckily I was able to save more than half of the milk and transferred it to the empty container we had left from the last one. Needless to say my day did not start well, I spent 15 minutes trying to get the milk out from under the freezer so that it was completely clean. I went about my day and didn't let the spilled milk ruin my day, however it was a speed bump I could have done with out! What's the saying? "There is not use in crying over spilled milk"


1 comment:

  1. I think we've all had those days! Hope your day got better...or at least that tomorrow is better :) I'll try to send some good vibes your way tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete