Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Smore" Learning

Smore.... Well the first thing I think about is the marshmallow, gooey, chocolate, crunchy dessert item strategically melted over a camp fire from a stick.... But today's post is related to learning another EASY Web 2.0 tool.
When I say easy I really mean it. I have been using more interactive tools that I have never heard of, this one included and they are all very simple. They allow for buttons to add what you want (i.e. photos, text, buttons, links, webpages, etc.) and give you layouts to follow (which also can be rearranged to your liking).

Once I chose my Web 2.0 tool I was going to create a newsletter about I also had to choose what tool I was going to use to create that newsletter. I will admit that the name had captivated me at first and it was also first choice on the list. I went with Smore and I am happy with my decision. It works much like Weebly and is a drop & drag website. You can add any items and rearrange them to create flow through your newsletter.

Integrating this tool into the classroom would make current events, personal interests and any subject fun. By allowing the students to create their own newsletter or poster it sparks imagination and creativity while integrating Digital literacy with Literacy. I hope to integrate this tool into my classroom some day. I look forward to exploring it more and creating some new posts of my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment