Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Literacy Lesson- Activity Builder 101

All this week I have dedicated time, effort and lessons into the learning's of SMARTboards. I have realized that there is a lot more to the SMARTboard Notebook 11 then what I have previously been exposed to. The amount of new and intriguing things are unbelievable. I can hide words and reveal them and I can use the new feature Activity Builder for sorting activities in every different lesson or subject. Yet these lessons are slightly more time consuming than most, however once they are done they can be tweaked and not need to be completely rebuilt or made.

As a task assigned to me, I created a lesson with the Activity Builder in the SMARTboard Notebook 11. Using the builder I was able to use shopping carts and recycling bins to accept or reject the proper word endings. Each cart is matched with a word ending (-it, -at, -ap), the words that do not match at all get recycled for another time. 

I enjoyed creating this lesson, although it did take some time to figure out why I could not get it to work. Which I realized I was not properly linking the accepted and rejected items to the proper place. I had originally tried to do this lesson with the popping balloons and have a check mark when correct and an x when wrong however that did not work and I could not figure it out properly and only found myself extremely frustrated. So I opted for a less extensive approach for this lesson. I will continue to play with Notebook 11 to optimize my lessons and creations for my classroom.






No comments:

Post a Comment