Sunday, February 16, 2014

SMARTtechnologies in the Classroom

After reading the resources on SMART technologies it is clear that there is more to the SMARTboard world then what I believe we see first hand. I have also noticed this after last weeks training.  Most teachers use the board as a traditional white board with out the marker mess and easy to jump from board to computer use. However, we can integrate so much into a lesson by using a SMARTboard in each and every subject not just discussion and lecturing like more students and classrooms are used to.

With SMART technologies the classroom will forever be changed for the greater of the future. We as teachers can create basic lessons and examples, notes and photos to elaborate lessons and questions for reflection with the answers already on the page but not visible to the students. This cuts down on time and writeing on a board you are only going to erase. SMARTboard allows us to write, create and capture for future use. This can be especially useful to high school teachers who teach multiple classes in a day with the same material. And this can of great use for elementary teachers when needed to review and reflect from the previous day or you run out of time.

Information I thought was useful from the articles from SMART Technologies. The first article was useful with the information that we can cater to all learning styles, we can be hands on and interactive along with visual and auditory. Not only can we cater to all learning styles but we can be in any environment as well as create it. Also, by integrating SMART technologies into a classroom we can help and aid to the special disabilities in the classroom with enlarged print, audio devices and they can participate by use of touching the board and being interactive.

These are two charts I felt to add to my beliefs and learning:

Article two discussed more uses for the teachers. When using a SMARTboard we can write, create and save all in the same place. We can create lessons before, during or after a class. Changing information or adding to it is as simple as pulling a photo from the internet or writing more after the students have helped give information. It's also easy to use and provides a creative out look for teachers and students. Article three was eye opening for me. As an elementary teacher I have seen many lessons and creative ways to integrate a SMARTboard into a classroom. However, this article gave me more resources and ideas then I could ever think of and for EVERY subject (even art and music). I never thought to go on a virtual field trip back to the Civil War and give the students a hands on experience or walk through an art museum. I learn new things every day. 

Although I am not teaching just yet, the other resources have provided a wealth of knowledge I could never repay. SMARTboard is something of the past and the future. Even though it has been here for years it is a technology that will only continue to grow with time and expand our learning as teacher and to our students. I have joined Smart Revolution Ning. I receive updates and emails frequently about seminars and new technologies and lessons others have posted. YouTube is also a god send in most cases. I use YouTube for various things such as craft projects, music and bowling tutuorials, however I never thought to use it for SMARTboards. I have watched mulitple videos now and have learned from the basics to advanced graphics and designs a SMARTboard can do. Google+ is something i am also no familiar with but starting to explore and love. There is so much out there we just need to get our hands on the right information and bring it to the classroom.

This week has been an eye opening week as far as what can and can't be done, although I didn't learn much a SMARTboard cannot do just yet. I look forward to exploring the additional resources and hopefully blogging about some resources I have found on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment