Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Balance

Today's Inspiration is balancing work and home life. I chuckle to myself as I see this because I never have had a sense of balance especially when it comes to work and home life. I have been working since I was 13 and officially hired at my first job at 16. I have only continued to work 2 or more jobs at any given time to pay my bills, get myself through school and even create a social life in the work place. I loved almost all of my jobs and I enjoy going to school as well. Even though this is all hard work and expensive it creates me.

This is where I feel my home life suffers. I always had work come first, seeing as work paid my way through everything I have done. My family has always understood and never gave me a problem over working because my end result was always finishing my degrees and going forward with my career as a teacher. As I get older my family has always changed holiday dinners and meetings to meet my needs at work. I never stopped to think if this was setting the rest of my life off balance.

Do I work too much? Should I cut back and be home more? How do I change my ways? Does work really run my life? I think it's time to stop and evaluate my work and home life to make it better for myself and my family. My friends always tease me that I work too hard and I am frequently over worked and I do not disagree however I am not sure how to stop....

I value my work and every job I have ever done, I feel this will lead me to and help me be the best teacher I can be when I finally get into that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment