Monday, March 10, 2014

Digital Citizenship, Footprints & Internet Safety

As the sun gets closer to the earth and the days get longer I sit here and play games on Blubbr. I still am unsure of how I really work this site and I am not a huge fan of games. If I play games I prefer to play Sudoku and Mind Games. I prefer to read, but I gave it my best shot. 

I have played the Digital Citizenship, Digital Footprint and Internet Safety games. Each game is a short video clip of information whether it is a song, a person, a comic or just words and follows is a question on the information that was just given. The information is right in the video if you are actually paying attention. When I first signed onto the site they sent me to a game that was lyrics of music I was unsure of I did not do very well. However, on the ones I was asked to complete I did very well with the information given, although the ones I got wrong I was just careless and not paying attention. 

Here is screen shots of my scores:



After playing the games and reviewing the information given it is important that the younger digital natives of the world know this information before they access the internet. I no longer am a part of Facebook or Twitter, I do have an Instagram but I do not post frequently. The accessibility by anyone to this information usually only involves a few clicks or hacking into someones account. As a teacher I would like to play the games in my classroom and gain awareness to how important it is to protect yourself and those you allow on your pages or what and where you post. As fast as technology is taking over and making our lives more entertaining, easy and knowledgeable we need to create a world of safe internet use! 

No comments:

Post a Comment