Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Different Way of Life

It's Tuesday and I am 3 days into a new and different way of life. Over the last few years I have worked hard to dedicate time and effort to maintaining a healthy life style. 3 weeks ago that all changed...

On Valentine's Day I enjoyed an amazing dinner with my boyfriend, that evening after retiring to bed I woke with the most excruciating pain I have ever experience in my abdomen. I chalked it up to heart burn and indigestion because I ate very close to going to bed. However, 3 weeks later and 3 more episodes of this excruciating pain I landed in the Emergency Room.

Saturday night I only had two choices- 1) remain in pain and let it pass, not knowing what it was caused by or 2) go to the emergency room and see if it is serious or not!

1 doctor, 2 nurses, blood work and an ultra sound later; I  was diagnosed with gallstones! I am now almost half a week into revamping my lifestyle to avoid this pain... I have to say it is going well, I always thought I ate well but now it has a whole new meaning. I now have to be cautious of any food I eat.  I have to eat a diet full of most fruits and vegetables and avoid any fat, juices, and  meats. I realize how important this is to my health but boy is it hard.

2 more weeks to go before I find out if I loose this tiny little painful organ in my liver or if I get to keep it and these insane eating habits...

1 comment:

  1. I've heard gallstones are terrible! So sorry you have to deal with this. I'll bet that surgery cannot come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete